The 4th Annual spatial@gov® Conference & Exhibition was successfully run from 20 to 22 November 2012 at the National Convention Centre Canberra, jointly presented by the peak spatial organisations in Australia and New Zealand and CeBIT Australia.
The event consisted of a three-day exhibition, two-day conference, Show floor Theatre Program, Awards Dinner and a number of networking and allied events.
The conference program addressed two broad categories under the main conference theme of Future Directions: Linking People, Policy and Place.
- The Strategy theme explored the policy settings required to ensure that Governments can best use location-based business intelligence in support of better informed policy and planning decisions, and more efficient targeted service delivery to Australian and New Zealand citizens.
- The Innovation theme looked closely at emerging and future trends and how Governments might work with the commercial and research sectors in order to drive future innovation in the Australian and New Zealand Spatial Community and globally.
Keynote presentations were delivered by:
- The Hon Martin Ferguson AM MP
Minister for Resources and Energy, Minister for Tourism
- The Hon Maurice Williamson
Minister for Land Information, New Zealand
- Senator the Hon. Kate Lundy
Minister for Sport, Minister for Multicultural Affairs and Minister Assisting for Industry and Innovation
- Drew Clarke
Chair, ANZLIC—the Spatial Information Council
Secretary, Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Nunzio Gambale
CEO and Co-Founder, Locata Corporation
- Mark Reichardt
President & CEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
- Craig Rispin
Business Futurist and Innovation Expert
Presentations with the appropriate permission given by speakers will be posted on the agenda page for download.
For further information, contact Hannover Fairs Australia on + 61 2 9280 3400.